zondag 21 oktober 2012

Zones

Let me tell you something - comfort zones are not fun. I struggle with mine all the time, because it just makes me feel like a bird trapped in a small golden cage. No matter how hard I flutter my wings, the bars won't yield.
But today one of the bars broke and I'm standing outside of my comfort zone. I present to you, a hair colouring gone bad (but I love it nonetheless):



The reactions on the street are amusing to say the least. Cars stop to let me pass (even when I shouldn't be crossing the street there), bikers nearly turn into that girl from the Exorcist (they don't even try to hide that they're staring) and I don't really know what's going on at this point. Are the people in this country really so alien when it comes to bright hair dye?


The colour of the eyebrows is all lip liner and only applied for this shoot. In reality they don't match my hair colour and you can totally see the red is fake. Ugh. (for the people who don't speak fluent sarcasm - that was sarcasm)



Contemplating a name change. How does Ariël sound? 

Here's a quote that is completely unrelated to everything I just said:
Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don’t always like.”
Lemony Snicket



Maria.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. You look FANTASTIC! That colour doesn't get on well with most people, but you can definitely wear it fabulously. Hooray for being able to break out of comfort zones, and hooray for finding something new to love once you do!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Aaaaah - thank you so much! 8D (i was really worried about it for a while). And I'll raise my glass to that! :3

      Verwijderen